Friday, November 27, 2009

Business Storytelling: Interview Stories

I just read a great article by Michael Neece, CEO, InterviewMastery.com on the use of stories during the interview process. He gives a lot of the same advice I would give and he does it in a very organized way so that it is easy to follow. The piece that I loved is what he added to the end of his story format, tell them what you learned. That is a critical piece that I had never thought to add. It makes great sense, you explain the whole process and then like Aesop you give the moral. Nice, Michael thank you.

If you would like to read the whole article (if you are job hunting I think you should) the article title is Telling Structured Stories, here is the link:

http://www.net-temps.com/careerdev/career-tools/career-advice.html

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I find it interesting that temps are starting to get more shout-outs in articles like these. I worked as a temp for a few months, and I collected a lot of skills that I normally wouldn't have been trained for. I also got to see a lot of different offices as I bounced around to where ever the temporary staffing agency put me.