Friday, April 4, 2014

Business Storytelling - The # 1 Business Skill of the Future

Here is a link to a great article about the future of storytelling in business.  The article points out that storytelling is a current buzzword in business and marketing and yet it has been around for years.  I think we got away from true business storytelling when technology became easily accessible.  PowerPoint ruled the day with fact, figures and fatigue. 

Although I do not watch the show regularly, the article made me think of Shark Tank.  I wonder how many people get turned down because they spend their time trying to convince the sharks with facts and figures instead of a good story.  Something to think about if you are planning on trying out for the show.

Check out the article and let me know what you think.



No comments: