Friday, July 25, 2008

Anecdote Circles

Below is a link to an e-book that covers the topic of how to set up an Anecdote Circle. There is a lot of great information included especially why AC's are important and how they can help organizations. In my own work I have see the power of the story sharing that can occur.

http://www.anecdote.com.au/files/Ultimate_Guide_to_ACs_v1.0.pdf

Frequently a problem with story sharing can be a time hog, someone who goes on and on. Rarely have I experienced this but it is always a possibiltiy and controlling it as a facilitator can be tricky. The authors offer a great technique for taming the hog. In a circle, place the over talkative person next to you, not across the circle, apparently this discourages the overbearing. Great idea, I can't wait to try it at my next sharing.

www.carolmon.com

No comments: