Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sales Stories

Yesterday I caught a short bit on the Today Show about the 105 year birthday of Harley Davidson. Tiki Barber was doing the reporting and visted the Harley plant. There the spokeswoman, when asked you must have some stories here, replied "We have 105 years of stories." As they toured around the museum she told short narratives about the various hogs, engines, bike parts etc.

Funny thing is that I am not a bike fan and can't imagine owning one but after watching this report (story) I wanted to be part of the experience, riding down the open road, part of the fun, the history. Story gave me the facts but more importantly it gave me the emotional experience and I wanted that to continue.

Harley Davidson knows it has a good story and it's personnel know how to use those stories to help sales.

What stories does your company have? How can you leverage them to increase sales?

www.carolmon.com

No comments: