Tuesday, May 5, 2009

More on Goldilocks on Management

I've made some progress through the book and I'm still a bit disappointed at the way the fairy tales are portrayed. I do however truly enjoy the real life examples that are used with each fairy tale. In some cases I feel the authors are stretching the fairy tale trying to make it fit. If they had just written the book using the real life examples with the moral spelled out I think the book would have been better for me.

I did however find one tale so far that I like the adaptation and use, The Ugly Duckling. They stayed true to the original tale and explored the problems of an employee who is not in the right job, a true misfit. And of course like the ugly duckling when the employee is in the right environment he blooms in to a beautful useful swan.

Still more to read so I will let give you a final wrap up when I'm all done.

No comments: