Monday, June 22, 2009

There's always a story

In the last post I included a message from Chris Clark-Epstein. She had a quote from the show Castle "There's always a story - you just have to find it". I loved her whole message but this line from the TV show resonated because of my work. So often I am working with individuals who feel they have no story.

I think they mostly feel like that after they have heard some amazing story of the underdog triumphing. We all have important stories, maybe not as dramatic as climbing Mt. Everest but important nonetheless. Our stories of everyday success are actually more valuable because far more people can relate to them. Yeah we all love a good tale but relating to the everyday champion is easier.

Remember that the next time you are asked to tell your story. Your experiences matter.

No comments: